Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Worth the "Drive"!

As an avid golfer, I thought it I would recommend a couple of my favorite golf courses in the Central Florida area. These golf courses are the Ridgewood Lakes Golf Course and the Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club. They are both located in gated communities. To enter, just tell the guard at the gate that you are going to be golfing and they will let you enter.


The link to Ridgewood Lakes Golf Course: www.ridgewoodlakesgolf.com/

Some reasons I like Ridgewood Lakes course: If you are a beginner or someone who plays more advanced golf, this course is for you. Most of the fairways can be short and wide for great drives for the beginner and the par 5's are long and challenging for the advanced golfer. The greens can be forgiving for folks like me who are still working on their short game. The surroundings are beautiful! It's worth playing a round just to enjoy your surrounding. 

 

Just one suggestion to those who have not golfed in Florida: DO NOT TRY TO RETRIEVE YOUR BALL IN THE WATER! Florida waters can have alligators living in them and you can get hurt. You can not believe how shallow of water a large alligator can hide in. It's not worth the value of your Pro-V ball. Just drop a new ball and play on.

The link to the Southern Dunes Golf Course: southerndunes.com/

The reasons I like Southern Dunes: First of all, this course has to be the most amazing course I have ever golfed. It is a very challenging but also a very fun course. Some of the fairways are narrow, some are wide. The greens are the fastest greens I have ever played. The name of the course is very fitting. There are sand traps EVERYWHERE!! However, the sand is soft and well groomed. If you are an advanced golfer, you may hit a sand trap once in awhile. But if you are a golfer like me, you will learn how to play in the sand. This golfer highly recommends that you play Southern Dunes at least once while you are in Central Florida. (By the way Southern Dunes has a great app for your iPhone. Check it out! It is your own personal golf GPS.)


Just a couple of recommendations for golf courses. I like to say that golf is a real value for me: I always get a lot of swings for my dollar. But I always have fun. So have fun and keep swinging those clubs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment